Gangtok, capital of Sikkim is the gateway of east and north Sikkim. Here the capital sprawls over a forested hill that overlooks Mt. Khangchendzonga, guardian deity of Sikkim. Since 1894 to 1975 it served as the royal and administrative headquarters to the former kingdom, and even today it still bears a regal character. In the Sikkimese Bhutia language ‘gang’ means flat and ‘tok’ means hill. Today, the ‘flat hill’ is better known as ‘the Ridge’, which then apparently was the choice plot to erect the king’s Palace also includes ‘Tsuk-La-Khang’ the royal chapel, and ‘Tashiling’, the State Secretariat.
Every spur extending off Gangtoks’ hill is the setting of a significant site. Above the Ridge of the palace grounds is the Enchey Monastery, and around a hundred meters below is the main bazaar and commercial hub, the half-kilometer long straight and flat street. On the next spur below is the Lall Bazaar, an open air bazaar, now renovated into a super-market. Further below on a saddle leading to next spur is Deorali, now a busy street on the road to Gangtok bustling with shops.
Special offers for group
- All airport transfer by private a/c Car/van/bus
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Welcome Dinner or Farewell Dinner.
- Langtang National Park fee / Tims Permit Card
- Trekking Accommodation, Twin Sharing in Basic Tea-house lodge
- Licensed English-speaking guide, Experience knows about First Aid
- Porters for carrying all goods and supplies. 2 clients 1 porter in Group
- Meals during the trek ( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) serve by menu
- All necessary documents and permits for trekking
- Sleeping bags( End of Trekking need to return)
- Staff insurance, medication and equipment
- All Govt. and Local Taxes
- First Aid Kit
- Trekking Certificate from Destination Unlimited
- nternational airfares
- Travel/trekking insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Mountain rescue charges or insurance
- Drinks hot and cold.
- Bottled drinks on trek (cold and alcoholic)
- Lunches and dinners when not trekking
- Additional food or drink on trek in addition to three standard meals
- Personal expenses,
- Emergency Expenses, road blocked, snakes, desert.etc
- Special region permit and liaison officer fees (where applicable) Tips(Tipping are expected)
|Start Date||Total days||Price||Availability|